Programming Mediacom Remote Codes
Mediacom helps you get the most out of your viewing experience, but if your Mediacom remote codes aren’t programmed correctly, then you aren’t truly getting the most out of it. By programming the correct codes into your remote control, you can operate all the components for your home entertainment system, including your cable box, TV and stereo.
Programming Mediacom Remote Codes
There are several ways you can program your remote. The one recommended by Mediacom is as follows:
1. Go to the Mediacom website and find which remote control matches the one in your hand. When you have found the correct controller, click the link for the Mediacom remote codes.
2. Look up the Mediacom remote codes for each component within your home entertainment system. If there are multiple codes, then write each of them down in the order they are provided.
3. Turn on the electronic device you wish to program.
4. On the remote, press the appropriate device mode key.
5. Press and hold the SETUP key until a mode button blinks twice (usually it’s the TV button).
6. Enter the first code you located for the electronic device.
7. Press the POWER key. If the device turns off, then the code is correct, if the device has not turned off then enter the next code until the device turns off. If none of these codes work, then use the”Search Programming” method described below.
8. Press the device mode key on the remote.
9. Press the POWER button and the code is locked in.
If you’ve exhausted all the codes for your devices or you just can’t find your device on the list, there is still a way to program your remote. You will make the remote scan through all of it’s programming codes to find the one that works with your equipment. Make you sure that you are not in a hurry, since this can take quite a while.
1. Turn on the electronic device you wish to program.
2. On the remote control press the appropriate device mode key.
3. Press and hold the SETUP key until a mode button blinks twice (usually it’s the TV button).
4. Enter 9 – 9 – 1 using the digits on the controller.
5. Press the CH+ button repeatedly until the device turns off.
6. Once the device has turned off press and hold the SETUP key until the device key blinks twice. This will lock the code in.
Determining the Code
Using the search function to find a code can take a long time, which is why it is nice to have the Mediacom remote codes on hand for quick and easy programming when you need to reenter them. Once your remote is finished searching and locking in the appropriate code you can easily retrieve it for later reference.
1. Press the device mode key.
2. Press and hold the SETUP key until the mode key blinks twice.
3. Enter 9 – 9 – 0 using the digits on the remote control.
4. Press the number 1 and make note of the number of blinks, this is the first digit in the programmed code. If the light does not blink then the number is ’0.’
5. Press 2 and count the blinks for the second digit. If the light does not blink then the number is ’0.’
6. Press 3 and count the blinks for the third digit. If the light does not blink then the number is ’0.’
7. Press 4 for the final digit. If the light does not blink then the number is ’0.’
Remember to write the number down in a safe spot, so you can retrieve it the next time you need to program your remote. I will frequently tape the number to the back of the device or inside the battery compartment of the controller.
Clearing out a Code
Sometimes you need to remove a programmed code. Maybe you moved the TV or stereo to a different room, and you don’t want the remote to operate that unit anymore.
1. Press the device key.
2. Press and hold the SETUP key until the device button flashes twice.
3. Enter 9 – 9 – 2 using the digits on the controller.
4. Press the device button twice and it should blink twice.
The code is now removed. Test it by attempting to turn the device on or off.
Now that your remote works with all of your devices, life should be easier. If you look at the instructions for your particular remote you may also find that there are other programming options. Some of the Mediacom remotes have Master Power control capability, which means that you could turn on multiple components with the push of only one button.
Photo credit: flash.pro
CABLE & SATELLITE TV
STARTING AT: $2999/MO
STARTING AT: $1999/MO
HIGH SPEED INTERNET
Enter your address to see available offers